Monday, July 6, 2009

What to say, what not to say, and other NITS and Notes

Hello WWW. My name is Brian. I'm pretty new to this whole idea of blogging and thought I would give it a try. So here I go...

I've never been one to have a whole lot to say (out loud anyways) and for the most part am much more of a thinker than a speaker. I find myself writing drafts, reading them over, making drafts of my drafts, reading them over, and making drafts of the drafts that I already drafted. I find by doing this I eventually can get out of me what I was originally trying to say.

These ideas tend to come in spurts and I am always writing things down. In this blog alone I've probably deleted as much as I've written already, if that makes any sense at all.

You should see the massive piles of post-it notes that are constantly swirling around my room, my desk, my guitar case, my pockets, my mind, and anywhere else those pesky post-its eventually end up.

It's really quite amazing I get anything done at all.

For those of you who don't know me, I am a banker by day and a musician every other moment of my life. I am the lead singer/songwriter for a group called Notes In The Sandbox. If you were to ask me what we sounded like, I would say we are a mix between Neil Young, Bob Dylan, and Dave Matthews Band, or the DaveYoungDylan Band for short. It's been a long arduous road to get where I am now, searching for those willing to take a chance on my music.

We are almost there.

Through our travels I will be documenting every last tid-bit and I am so excited, tickled you could say, that we are definitely almost there. Looking forward to seeing you all along the way.

Thanks so much!!

NITS Notes (NITS is short for Notes in the Sandbox)

www.isound.com/notes_in_the_sandbox

No comments:

Post a Comment